The application for my upcoming May Teacher Training session with Master Li included some questions that all particpants needed to answer. Contempleting these questions and your responses acts a first step in the training to help focus your intent.
The first question was, "What is Sheng Zhen Gong?" This was my answer.
- Sheng Zhen Gong is the path I am on that leads to Sheng Zhen. It is both the path, and my guide on this path, the one I will follow for the rest of my life.
- It is a comprehensive system of moving forms, meditations, philosophy, and contemplations that taps into the body’s natural ability to heal itself. The graceful, flowing movements relax and strengthen the body while quieting the mind and the heart.
- It is the practice which helps me improve myself in body, mind, and spirit by healing and strengthening me physically, balancing my emotions to bring peace of mind, and elevating my spirit. But most important of all, Sheng Zhen Gong helps me to open my heart and connect to love, the primordial power.
- It is the practice which I have witnessed help others many times. So I know it works and is good for everyone. Simply practicing is good for The All.
- It is the practice I “do” to “be” Sheng Zhen.
I know I will never fully “understand” Sheng Zhen because “understanding” is impossible. You can only “feel” Sheng Zhen; “Be” Sheng Zhen. Understanding is not the goal, can’t be the goal.
When I feel Sheng Zhen, I am connected to the power of the universe. I am calm, at peace, bathed in safety and comfort, and joyous in the perfect beauty of it all.